Who are we?
We are a group of ordinary people who seek to follow Jesus Christ day by day. We all share the same ups and downs of life as you. We are a mixed group of people from all different backgrounds and yet, at times all sharing the same fears, doubts and joys. We want to love, care for and encourage one another along life’s journey. Why? Because the one thing we have in common is that we have all experienced something of the love of God and, with God’s help, we want others to experience it too.
Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12
To be a Kingdom Community with Christ at the centre and where people matter.
- Kingdom Heart and Mentality
We will have a far greater emphasis on ‘being’ Church rather than ‘doing’ Church, therefore, encouraging everybody to encounter and experience the life-transforming love and grace of God.
- Humble and Teachable
We will care for and learn from one another with a God-centred humility and a servant’s heart.
- Freedom and Openness to Change
We will be real as we demonstrate the freedom we have found in Jesus Christ.
We will communicate the Good News of Jesus in culturally relevant and life-engaging ways.
What do we believe?
John 3:16: For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- In a Triune God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit and we accept that all Scripture has been given by inspiration from God.
- That entry into God’s Kingdom is solely by personal acceptance of Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord, whereby a relationship is established with the living Christ.
- In the need for fellowship with one another for worship, experience and growth in the Christian faith, for help in times of burden and stress, and for love and encouragement at all times as we journey through life together.
- In prayer, whether personal or shared, as an essential link with our Heavenly Father, who always responds to the calls of His children. Prayer is not only our communication link with God: it is where we discover His will and purposes for our lives and His Church.
- That responsibility rests on every Christian to give evidence of faith by serving within the Church family according to their gifts, and to witness constantly by word and deed, presenting the Good News of the Kingdom of God.
- That Christian Believer’s Baptism is for those who have professed repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour.
- That each Church has a duty and liberty under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and, under the authority of God’s Word, the Bible, to seek and follow God’s will and purpose.
- Pembrokeshire Baptist Association
- Baptist Union of Wales
- Baptist Union of Great Britain
- BMS World Mission
- Haverfordwest and District Free Church Council
- Haverfordwest and District Churches Together
- Evangelical Alliance of Wales